Susan O

Monday, April 19, 2010

Why are young girls so complicated?

My memory is shot, I know that, but I honestly do not think I was so competitive with all my girlfriends. What I remember is, we helped each other, cheered each other on and there were rules when it came to boys. "What the hey", girls now fight all the time!!! Friendships are blown apart because everyone wants to be the leader of the pack. Maybe we are not teaching them to get along. It seems like being #1 is the only thing everyone focuses on. I honestly worry about that! My daughter comes home everyday with a new story of who said what and how they are not friends anymore. I tell her that she should not be so threatened by what people think or say. I try to encourage her make good decisions and be happy for her friends even if she has failed. How do we get things back to where everyone is not so self absorbed? Are our girls going to be total "B's"? I remember my mother telling me "you can be anything you want", but now girls think that they are "all that" already. These selfish attitudes probably will carry over to their future marriages. I hope moms of boys are preparing them for the new girls and their egos!!! Oh, only 29 days left of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment